62 year-old Chers 38 year-old boyfriend, a biker who climbed Everest

Publish date: 2024-05-14

Cher in March, 2006. Credit: PRPHotos. The pictures of her with her new boyfriend are in this week’s Enquirer
The National Enquirer has a new cover story this week which reads “Cher’s Secret Wedding!” It’s technically accurate according to the information they claim to have, but is misleading because Cher is just said to be planning a wedding with this biker dude who happens to be 24 years younger than her, and hasn’t actually married him yet. So a more accurate title would be “Cher Plans Secret Wedding!” But that’s ok, because the details are juicy enough to make up for the inaccurate title.

Cher met 38 year-old Tim Medvetz through her friend Richard Stark, the designer of Chrome Hearts Jewelery. Medvetz is a 6’5″ tough biker dude with long black hair and one of those half goatee mustache combos. He customizes high end motorcycles and was injured so badly in a motorcycle accident in 2001 that he had to have his back fused together and metal plates put in his skull. The guy was in a wheelchair for 6 months, but he decided to set a goal for himself to climb Mount Everest, and he made it on his second try in 2007. He’s said to drink a lot of whiskey and love fried chicken, but he lifts weight to work it off. Cher’s boyfriend’s story is pretty interesting, and he’s a determined guy but that doesn’t make him marriage material.

Medvetz and Cher have been spotted out together and have traveled together. The Enquirer’s information that they’re planning to get married seems sketchy, though, and could be based on a quote Cher gave that “I could see myself getting married again.” Cher has been married twice and has two children.

The May-December couple spent a night nuzzling at the Foxtail lounge in L.A. on June 13, accompanied by Cher’s close pal, actor Dean Winters, along with Richard Stark and wife Laurie, according to the source.

“Tim was so protective of Cher that everyone assumed he was her bodyguard.”

Their love burst spectacularly in the open when they recently traveled with the Starks to Nashville to see country music legend Merle Haggard.

Cher rented a private jet for the flight and took Tim and her posse to The Bluebird Cafe on June 24.

Next, it was on to Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge, a famous watering hole.

The couple spent the night together in a beautiful suite at The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville, according to a local insider.

[From The National Enquirer, print edition, July 21, 2008]

As for Cher and Medvetz’s plans to marry, the Enquirer says they plan to marry “in a quickie Las Vegas ceremony by the end of the year,” and that Cher is asking him to sign a prenup first to protect her assets. There’s not much detail about either statement and the article focuses more on Medvetz’s background and their courtship.

Cher dated a 22 year-old guy who worked at a bagel shop, Rob Camilletti, for several years in the 80s starting when she was 40. I thought she was married to that guy, but after consulting Wikipedia I see they were just living together. At least the guys are getting older with her. I don’t see her marrying this one, but we’ll have to see.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7pLHLnpmirJOdxm%2BvzqZmamppZn9wgpGYsJ6ZomK8rbC%2BnJ%2BeqqOUgHmr2J6Yq2WfobGgrs6ynauhlaOxoK2%2Bm6CknaKUxKm7vpyjoqWSmrGgsdWeqZ6rpGQ%3D